The ANC says it will not be taking the latest allegations of assault that are being leveled against former higher education minister Mduduzi Manana lightly.
The party says it will ensure that the matter is given the attention it needs, and that it is dealt with in terms of the integrity commission.
The latest allegations came from Mananas’ former domestic worker, who alleged that Manana assaulted her, but later dropped the charges.
Last year in September, Manana was convicted of three counts of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm after he pleaded guilty to the charges.
The charges related to the assault of three women at Cubana in Fourways on August 6, 2017, which was filmed and went viral on social media, sparking a national outcry for his arrest.
In the latest incident, it is alleged that Manana shoved his 53-year-old domestic worker down the stairs.
Charges were initially laid, but were later withdrawn.
The DA has since laid charges of extortion and corruption against Manana.
This after a voice clip surfaced where Manana could be heard offering the woman money to drop the charges.
ANC NEC member Fikile Mbalula says the latest allegations are being taken seriously.